Pumpkin Cookies

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

When we moved into this house last October, our neighbors welcomed us into the neighborhood. I decided to make something festive to thank them for making us feel so welcome. I found this recipe for  Old-fashioned Soft Pumkin Cookies from www.verybestbaking.com.

Fast forward to this year. I was talking to my neighbor the other day when she reminded my son how wonderful the cookies were. Of course that prompted me to bake another batch. It is still a big hit with my kids ( I had a tough time saving a few for the pictures). I decided to skip the glazing though (why give them more sugar)!!! These are drop cookies, one of the easiest you can make.

On another note, this was the first thing I made in our new stand up mixer my husband bought me. I have to say it does make baking easier.



Difficulty level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 18 min
Makes: 36 cookies

Ingredients:


All- purpose flour: 2 1/2 cups
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Ground cinnamon: 1 tsp
Ground nutmeg: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Granulated sugar: 1 1/2 cups
Butter: 1/2 cup, softened
Pumpkin puree: 1 cup
Egg: 1 large
Vanilla extract: 1 tsp

For the glaze: Powdered sugar: 2 cups
Milk: 3 tbsp
Melted butter: 1 tbsp
Vanilla extract: 1tsp

Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease baking sheets or line them with aluminium foil.

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in a large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoons (or a cookie drop, if you happen to have that in hand) onto prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 min; remove to wire racks to cool completely if you intent to glaze them. If you're choosing to skip the glazing, dig in while it is still warm.

For the glaze; Combine all the ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies.











2 comments:

Colleen said...

mmm good....even better than last years!! and who needs more sugar!! they were perfect with tea!

Priya Menon said...

Thank you,Colleen..

Priya's hobbies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino