Prawns dry fry(ചെമ്മീന്‍ പൊരിച്ചത് )

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I had never cooked shrimp or prawns before. So wanted to make it for my kids. Initially I thought I would make it the same way my mother-in-law makes it. But then I decided to make a few changes to it, keeping my husband's likes and dislikes in mind. And it came out nice and both my kids and husband loved it.

If you can keep the prawns marinated for 6-8 hrs, it would be ideal. The longer it sits, the better the masalas will penetrate into the fish and the more tastier it is. So keep it for at least 1 hr before you cook it.

Difficulty level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 min + 1 hr. minimum
Cooking time: 20 min
Makes: 1 serving

Ingredients


Medium sized Shrimp: cleaned and de-veined, 16
Shredded coconut: 3 tbsp
Fish masala: 1 tbsp
Cumin: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder: a dash
Chopped cilantro: 2 tbsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

Make a fine paste with all the ingredients except oil (and shrimp, of course), using the minimum water. Mix the shrimp with ground masala paste and keep aside in the refrigerator for atleast  1 hr (as I said earlier, I kept it for 6-8 hrs).

Heat oil in a skillet and transfer the whole thing into it (including whatever marinade is at the bottom). On a medium-low flame, cook it until it turns pink and starts to curl, flipping them every now and then. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for another 4-5 minutes, flipping them once in between (so as to get them lightly browned).

It can be served warm, with rice.









0 comments:

Priya's hobbies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino