Plantain Fritters(പഴം പൊരി )

Friday, June 3, 2011

You would be thinking what is wrong with me to post a recipe which everyone knows. But then I remember what my husband told me once. A recipe that feels easy to me may not be that easy for someone else. He thinks it is my "sacred" duty to impart the knowledge of even the simplest dish for the sake of novices such as he.

I would also like to share the joy of eating this tasty dish with my friends and neighbors in the US who have never had it before.

When selecting plantains for this, make sure you buy ripe ones (soft to touch).  Don't worry about the looks, it the feel that matters. At the same time, make sure it is not over-ripe or it will fall apart when you fry them. 

Difficulty level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20-25 min
Makes: 24 fritters

Ingredients:

Plantains: 2, sliced length-wise into 2" length, 1/2" thick pieces
Besan ( chickpea flour): 1 cup
Oil: to deep fry

Using enough water, make a slightly thick batter (the batter should be thick enough to coat the plantain pieces) . Dip the plantain pieces and deep fry in hot oil. Serve warm.





0 comments:

Priya's hobbies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino