Tomato curry

Sunday, June 5, 2011

This is my version of a dish that I used to love as a student. My friend, Bindu, used to share this with me for lunch. We were very close and used to be together pretty much all the time. I had contact with her until a few years ago, but now I don't know where she is but every time I make this dish, I think of her and the great times we used to have.

I forget when I tried to make this dish for the first time, but it continues to be a favourite dish of mine. Some of my friends here too like it and I used to make it for them when they were not feeling well.

Difficulty level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Makes: 5-6 servings

Ingredients:


Tomato: 3 medium, cut into tiny pieces
Onion:1 small, cut into thin slices
Ginger- garlic paste: 2 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Meat masala: 3 tbsp
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
Green chillies; 3, cut in half length-wise
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Salt: to taste

Heat the oil and saute the onion and ginger-garlic paste, until the onions turn light brown. Add the dry spice powders and saute for 2 min. Add the leaves of a sprig of curry leaves and saute well. Add the green chillies and tomato pieces and saute. Add a cup of water, cover and cook for 10 min. Remove the lid and allow excess water to evaporate until it gets to the desired consistency.

Serve hot with vellayappam, noolputtu, chapathi or naan. I like it with rice, though.







0 comments:

Priya's hobbies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino